Saturday 17 March 2012

A final farewell song to the island of dreams

Right, so I now have 2 weeks left of island life.  Yes, no more lunch breaks spent on the beach.  No more mad cycling home from the pub in darkness anticipating bigfoot spottings.  No more waving to everyone I pass on my drive down to the shop.  No more dodging pheasants and partridges.  No more afternoon walks around the island.  No more walking into the pub and the barman suggesting "the usual, or is it a vodka night?".  Man, I'm going to miss this lovely little island that floats off the West coast of England.  So many friends and memories have been made.  But it's now time to move back onto solid ground and begin my adventure.

Here's what I'll be missing:

My mode of transport to and from the island







The snobby ducks who turn their nose up at the scraps I bring them - the chickens love them though!



Pure beauty! Mainland England is in the far distance - you can't even see it (It's not those islands on the horizon)



The one time we got snow - gorgeous!






Stunning sunset - will miss this!





Here's what's next, can't wait! :

Food Styling Course with Sarah Cook (Deputy Food Editor of GoodFood Magazine!) - OMG so excited. 7 weeks of Tuesdays spent with this talented lady! And it's taking place in the prestigious Leith's Cooking School.  This WILL be incredible.

Contiki Tour to Europe - 18 days of magical travelling with a group of young people like me.  We'll be enjoying the sights, lots of food and alcohol (I am sure of it!).  An experience I should never forget and something I have been wanting to do for a very long time.  Just grateful I can afford to go and have the opportunity too!

Having a life - can't wait to have full weekends to myself! I miss being able to walk around different places and meet up with friends.  Bring on my future!

**Ching,ching! Here's to what's next! Hope you all have fabulous life plans xxx**

No comments:

Post a Comment